CHECK OUT OUR DOCUMENTARY SUBMISSIONS
Show us what you’ve got.
Students in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Jumpstart your career through creativity!
The Steeltown Teen Film Contest Series happens three times during the school year. Students can submit a 2-5 minute short film to any or all three contests during the school year for a chance to win. Prizes will be given to the best middle and high school submissions.
Go ahead and create a film on your iPhone. Rent a camera and make a movie. Or, borrow your Dad’s camcorder to tell your story. Craft your film in whatever way you’d like. You can even enlist your friends! We accept group submissions with up to 6 members.
March – May
June – August
September – November
OVER $10,000 IN PRIZES
A Guest Appearance on The Reel Teens: Pittsburgh
Be a Production Assistant on The Reel Teens: Pittsburgh
Free Studio Time at StudioMe
Free Equipment Rentals
Application to Join the Teen Film Crew
So, you’re ready to submit.
All participants must fill out our application and submit their project as a YouTube video link. Please collaborate with us on our YouTube playlist by adding your videos.
Groups may have up to a maximum of 6 members. Groups should include all key crew positions. Actors do not need to be included in your group unless you’d like. Please keep that in mind.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Contestants must attend a public/private school or community-based organization in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- An educator from your school or community-based program, or parent/guardian must register in order for you to participate.
- Contestants must be in grades 6 through 12 at the time this contest commences.
- Contestants under 18 years of age must have the written permission of their parents to participate.
- Contestants may only be involved with one submitted project.
- Content must be tasteful and appropriate for all ages.
- Content must be original and must not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights. Content must also not infringe or invade any rights of publicity or privacy and must be free of defamatory content. You can use material that is under public domain, but must cite each source in your video. Please visit the “Student” resources section for more information.
- By submitting an entry, contestants agree that Steeltown Entertainment (“Steeltown”) reserves the right to disqualify or edit any entry at Steeltown’s discretion.
- By submitting an entry, contestants agree that Steeltown shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of any submissions to this contest for any purpose without compensation.
By participating in the contest, contestants agree that Steeltown reserves the right to disqualify any entry or contestant for failure to comply with any specified rule or aspect of the contest, including but not limited to failure to include credits or submit creator’s statement, unoriginality, vulgarity, intellectual property infringement or low quality submissions.
By participating in the contest, contestants agree that Steeltown is not responsible for any incomplete, ineligible, illegible or lost entries or agreements, or for any failure to send or receive entries or agreements due to any difficulties faced by the contestant or by Steeltown.
- All video production work must be done by the contestant(s). No professional assistance may be used in any part of the production or editing. (Note: teachers, support staff and parents may offer minimal technical support but may not aid in the creative process).
- Videos must not exceed (5) minutes in length, including credits. Videos exceeding five minutes will be disqualified.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.com.
- Your video needs to be submitted in one of the following formats: .avi, .wmv, .mov, .mp4
- Please make sure your video has the ability to be downloaded and/or is public.
- Contestants must upload their videos onto their site. Steeltown is not responsible for any failures to encode and/or compress any videos to comply with YouTube or Vimeo or for any problems incurred in uploading the content to the site. Steeltown is also not responsible for any entries that are removed or otherwise modified by YouTube or Vimeo for any reason.